The Stop Global Warming Virtual March is a non-political effort to bring all Americans together in one place, proving there is a vast consensus that global warming is here now and it is time for our country to start addressing it. With the support of leading scientists, political and religious leaders, prominent Americans and concerned citizens, the Virtual March on Washington will move across the United States via the Internet from one town to the next, showing the evidence of global warming's alarming affects, and highlighting real people's concerns and real solutions along the way.
- 530,700 individual, verified Marchers have signed up from all 50 states (and over 25 countries)
- Over 31 U.S. Legislators and Governors have joined, including John McCain and Arnold Schwartzenegger.
- Our Interactive Map tracks “Stops” along the March, giving site visitors to focus on local issues.
- Our Features area contains custom media clips from noted voices like Leonardo DiCaprio and The Blue Man Group.
- Our Take Action! section is full of useful tips that you can begin to do today to decrease greenhouse gases.
- Marchers can track their Impact by seeing how many referrals join the March at their invitation.
About Global Warming
Global warming isn’t opinion. It’s a scientific reality. The science tells us that human activity has made enormous impacts to our planet that affect our well-being and even our survival as a species. The science also tells us we can begin to make significant repairs to try to reverse those impacts, but only through immediate action. That’s why we urge you to join us. The Stop Global Warming Virtual March is virtual but its purpose is real. By spreading the word and sharing this with others, our collective voice will be heard around the world. Learn More about the March and Global Warming.